As Churches prepare to reopen in the age of COVID-19, the vast majority are looking for touch-less hand washing fixtures in restrooms.
What are touch-less fixtures?
Touchless fixtures are any sort of plumbing fixture that does not require the user to manually turn it on. It is one of the most recent trends in plumbing, also known as “touch-free”, “no-touch”, or “hands-free” fixtures. The hands-free faucets and flushometers have built in sensors that detect when a user is near, automatically turning water on and off. Whether used in a Church or a Business, installation of automatic plumbing technology has become increasingly popular as everyone returns to the new normal in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Benefits of touch-less Fixtures
Whether reopening a church, or remodeling your current facility or updating your facility, consider installing touch-less fixtures for any of the following reasons:
1. Prevent the spread of COVID-19: Germs are everywhere and that includes bathrooms and kitchens. It’s easy to forget that whatever virus visitors carry on their hands are easily transmitted to faucet and or toilet handles. The same virus remain on the surfaces and transfer with every visitor and hand washing until the next cleaning cycle. Install touch-less fixtures and win the war against COVID because there are no handles to contaminate.
2. Convenience: A touch-less faucet makes sure there’s no need to turn the faucet on and off. Avoid worry about running faucets or the creative and potentially destructive ways people will flush toilets to avoid touching the handles. Another advantage of hands-free fixtures is for those who struggle with arthritis or who are dealing with a hand injury; no handle means no problem. Children are also prime candidates for the easy use of a touch-less system because they don’t have to reach the handles. A touch-less system also means less wear on the fixture and its components. A traditional faucet with handles, knobs, or levers receives a lot of twisting and turning each and every day.
3. Environmentally and Budget-Friendly: One of the biggest advantages of a touch-less fixture is its ability to conserve water. With this system, there is no possibility of leaving the water running while washing hands. The sensor will automatically turn off the water if it detects nothing, significantly increasing water savings.
4. Easier Maintenance: Cleaning the handles, replacing worn or damaged moving pieces and even replacing the entire fixture can be much simpler because of the design of the fixtures. One single unit instead of three separate fixture elements (two handles and a spout) makes change over much easier. In a church these simple designs are also easier with standardized equipment and can create a standard process around troubleshooting or making minor repairs.
5. Safety: We know caring for family, staff and visitors is of the utmost importance. Safer fixtures for the restrooms can offer that little extra help. Fixed temperature settings on hands-free faucets protect from mistakes that could cause burns to more sensitive hands.
In a world, with invisible enemies like the Coronavirus, we need as many safeguards as is practical. Contact Church Design Resources to assist you with your church architectural, designing, and installation services, or any of the many other services we provide.